Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Blues

This week, I really don’t have much to talk about. I feel a general malaise, or it may be a bit of seasonal melancholy. It’s okay. I am allowed to have these days and sometimes I just need to relish in it. It is not easy for me to find time just for myself to sit, drink tea, and eat potato chips (yes, that was my lunch). In the past, I would have called this “indulgent” behavior which I should just get over. But today both my children are at school, my husband is out of town, and I am by myself for a couple of hours. I will not exercise. I will not clean the house. When I go get the boys, I will enjoy their smiles, their sweetness, and their joy. But until then, I savor the apathy, the listlessness, the “slump”, the “blahs,”....the “blues.”

Salad for dinner tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Now, my blahs seem all right! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt it too. the other thing is - Shampa I would like you to write a column in our 'Abhijan' magagine in October. It has a natural flow - simple and touching....

    ReplyDelete